c0mputer question - command line audio editor.

Sam Jelfs

First off, apologies, I know we try to avoid PC question here on the BR. but I'm hoping someone can help me...

I need to edit a large number of .wav files, and I'm looking for a way of batch editing them, pref. command line. Essentially for each file I have a list of time sections that I need to extract, and it would be good it I could automate it, just to make life a little easier, and less tedious. I know avidemux will allow me to do it, but I can only extract one section at a time, into individual files, where as what I would like to be able to do is cut out the bits I dont need, and save the edited version as a single complete wav file.

Thanks, and mods, if this is a little too far off topic, sorry.

Sam

Adobe Audition has pretty comprehensive batch processing capabilities. It's not free but there's a fully functional 28 day free trial.

Whether it does exactly what you want, you'd have to explore. I've never had projects that were so predictable that I could edit that way. However, the feature is great for things like normalising lots of recordings or converting sample rates!

Bob

If sox doesn't do the trick, ffmpeg might be worth a look too, it can do all the in and out point stuff, and concatenate files if necessary I think. I've mostly used it from a video point of view. A batch script would probably allow you to join the files together going via a temporary file if necessary.

Archived