Equinox Mega Bar - Better Foot Controller?

Riddler

Hi

I'm new to this forum so please accept my apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. I've had a search and couldn't find anything.

Our band has recently purchased an Equinox Megabar which is really good, very bright, easy to set up etc, but I'm very disappointed with the foot controller.

The problem is that I can't get access to the 14 preset programmes when the footswitch is connected. It only gives me a step through the basic colours, a colour sequence, colur fade and sound activated.

My questions are:

1. Can I re-program or even rewire the equinox footswitch?

2. I have a Behringer FCB 1010. Can I use that in any way?

3. Any suggestions for a better foot controller? I've seen the Showtec Lightfoot. But don't know what the preprogrammed chases are like.

Thanks in advance for your help

Graham

Hi

I'm new to this forum so please accept my apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. I've had a search and couldn't find anything.

Our band has recently purchased an Equinox Megabar which is really good, very bright, easy to set up etc, but I'm very disappointed with the foot controller.

The problem is that I can't get access to the 14 preset programmes when the footswitch is connected. It only gives me a step through the basic colours, a colour sequence, colur fade and sound activated.

My questions are:

1. Can I re-program or even rewire the equinox footswitch?

2. I have a Behringer FCB 1010. Can I use that in any way?

3. Any suggestions for a better foot controller? I've seen the Showtec Lightfoot. But don't know what the preprogrammed chases are like.

Thanks in advance for your help

Graham

After a quick google search on the "megabar" the website I came across that sells it, says it is DMX compatable. However the Behringer piece of kit you talked about is midi so directly you cannot connect those lights to that controller (im not sure if there are such things as DMX to midi converters)

to try and suggest a "better" foot controller we need a bit more information..

does the bar have individual cables for each light... or just something like a bulgin connector?

and it terms of not being able to access to the preset programmes what exactly do you mean?

are you sure the "basic colours, a colour sequence and colour fade" are not the Preset Programmes? Surely they are?

Archived