Martin Wizard DMX / PCB problems

alstewartle

Hi there,

I've not had any time to do much testing but the problem I'm having is as follows. I have several Martin Wizards, and one of them is misbehaving:

Not recognizing DMX, its not a DIP switch error as it runs the internal programs when selected. Also the DMX LEDs are not coming on when DMX signal is plugged in. As well as this the built in music mode is running constantly, even when there's no sound! Is this a chip / PCB issue. Has anyone had this issue and a resolution?

Many thanks in advance.

Alex

Could be a number of things on the PCB. Could be a faulty DIP switch, pin 2 may be broken hence why you cannot get it in sound to light mode, its stuck in auto triger mode.

Fact you said the DMX light is not coming on indicates its more likely going to be the DMX tranciever chip on the main PCB, either that or some of the resistors on that part of the circuit have gone open circuit.

Check on the PCB - R117 22K

R118 22K

R119 2K2

R120 2R2

If these seem ok then most likely the DMX chip IC109

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Stuart, I'll check those out.

Could be a number of things on the PCB. Could be a faulty DIP switch, pin 2 may be broken hence why you cannot get it in sound to light mode, its stuck in auto triger mode.

Fact you said the DMX light is not coming on indicates its more likely going to be the DMX tranciever chip on the main PCB, either that or some of the resistors on that part of the circuit have gone open circuit.

Check on the PCB - R117 22K

R118 22K

R119 2K2

R120 2R2

If these seem ok then most likely the DMX chip IC109

Archived