Multi Core Cat5

nickb12345

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get a Cat 5 or 6 Snake type device. Ideally whan I want is a one thick cable that I can send max 20 Cat 5/6 feeds down, which could be terminated in a stage box type case with RJ45 sockets on!

Does anyone know of a source of these?

Many Thanks

Nick Baker

Betterbox do three Cat5 multicables - 4, 6 and 8 way - here.

I've not used this product myself, but if you give them a call, they'll be able to tell you more about it.

For anyone who normally uses Black Box, I'd recommend Betterbox as, well, a better black box... their pricing is significantly cheaper, and they're nicer to deal with as well.

Tom

we were looking into a solution a while ago to snake 4 cat cables a length of 10m together, and in the end decided it was cheaper to buy normal cat and then snake it ourselves. we ended up using this: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BHEF20CP.html and it worked really well (although it was a bit of a squish). we then used the glands to terminate into a normal surface mount double box with a 4 gang cat outlet on the front - worked a treat.

Archived