Floor mount for scanners?

norty303

I have some Robe CT scans that I occassionally want to stage mount, but am not convinced of their stability, particularly with talent jumping around.

Ideally I'd like to not have to resort to pieces of truss as it feels an expensive solution to a small problem.

Are there commercially available mounts, or will I need to make up something myself?

I've thought a 40-50cm square of ply with a threaded tube bolted in the middle would do it, then I can bolt the yoke into that and have some ability to adjust angle as needed.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

Thanks, I already have some of those wooden par mounts, not quite big enough footprint for my liking, hence why I'm thinking of just building a larger version.

Will also have a look at the tube and clamp method and see what I can work out.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

I've just googled what a tank trap is, they look just the thing. Are they for 50mm scaff tubes, or could I get one to take 35mm? And where from?

I could then add a short tube and a single screw mount to the top and fix the yoke to that. Don't worry about orientation of the head, the yoke moves from 0 degrees to 180 degrees so as long as I have something sticking up I can fix it. Would rather have load going down through yoke, rather than horizontally out to a scaff bar though.

Yep, that'd do it as well I think. Scans can be virtually on the floor. As the yoke can be rotated all the way down it just needs to be attached to a vertical pole by spiggot or similar. I just need the slightly wider spread for stability. Scans are max 15kg each

Why dont you just build your own H Stand that is the right width and weight for your purpose?

they are pritty easy to knock up and you can build them cheaply as some steel places will have off cuts from large sections of tubeing and pipe reduceing your materials cost. then all you would need to do is do 4 welds per stand. and then spray them any colour of the rainbow.

Archived