How many Trantec S4.4s simultaneously?

gotty

Has anyone some solid/practical experience of running four Trantec S4.4 radio mics simultaneously?

I've done some reading and spoken to two users, and so far I get about 50% saying it's simply not possible and as you run into intermod problems and the other 50% (one of which is Trantec themselves) say (or suggest) that four will work simultaneously with no problems at all.

What's the real-world answer?

Thanks

4 work fine.

Thanks for the very rapid reply.

Point taken about the relatively flimsy nature of the battery flaps. In fact, what I've seen of the Trantec units suggests that they're not that robust overall. But in terms of value for money (a critical factor here) they will do, and there'll be no problems with tape holding stuff together if necessary (or buying new units if necessary in the longer term).

4 definatly fine for the 4.4

my main critisism of the cheaper ones is the power button on the face of the pack, far too easy to switch off accidentally.

Great - thanks. I think if the users are aware of the risks of power buttons, loose battery covers etc, then they (or I) can find workarounds.

They'll mainly be used by 9-13 year-olds, so they'll probably end up strapped up with tape at some point anyway :-) And we're just going to use fairly cheap headset mics (Pulse) for the belt-packs rather than spending a lot of money on the Trantec versions.

We use four with CPC headsets. No problems apart from the power buttons. I "solved" it with a little bit of outer insulation from a speaker cable taped over the button so that only the last little bit is accessible. It makes it difficult to accidentally switch it off. It was temporary bodge which has become permanent.

I "solved" it with a little bit of outer insulation from a speaker cable taped over the button so that only the last little bit is accessible. It makes it difficult to accidentally switch it off.

Im liking that, might give that a shot...

all my other mics have the power button glued on, bit loath to do that with these, they are only 3 months old

Archived