Custom fixture in WYSIWYG

vinntec

This is driving me mad. I have created a custom fixture to have an Elation F in my model. There are two problems, when I add a 185mm barndoor it appears in the centre of the image and I can't see anywhere I can change this. Second problem, the photometrics I specified (20-50 beam angle) have been ignored and it comes out with only a fixed angle which I can't change on the model. I am using WYSIWYG Design Release 25 (1.25.25.33). I have used both Modelbox Strand Cantata F and USITT 6in fresnel A symbols and they both do the same.

Thanks for any help!

Peter Vincent

Hi Peter:

I cannot off the top of my head think of why this may be the case. I'll be back in the proximity of my WYG machine on Monday, so I'll have a play and see what I can see.

Cheers

Smiffy

Peter:

I can only find the Elation ELED 100WW LED Fresnel on the Elation Site. I am not familiar with Elation so am unsure if this is the fixture you want or if there is an older, discontinued, conventional fresnel that you are looking to get into WYG. If it is the ELED, then let me know and I can make you one from the cutsheet on the Elation Site. If it's a discontinued thing, then if you have a cutsheet you can send me, I can try with that.

Cheers

Smiffy

I can only find the Elation ELED 100WW LED Fresnel on the Elation Site. I am not familiar with Elation so am unsure if this is the fixture you want or if there is an older, discontinued, conventional fresnel that you are looking to get into WYG. If it is the ELED, then let me know and I can make you one from the cutsheet on the Elation Site. If it's a discontinued thing, then if you have a cutsheet you can send me, I can try with that.

Smiffy - Yes it is an older Elation 650/1kW fresnel which was discontinued when the ELED came out (and it seems Elation purged any information about it on their website). All I am trying to do is to allow me to have a fixture called "Elation F" on my model. It does not have to look exactly right as I don't have a lot of information about it.

So what I did was to create a new fresnel which looks like a Strand Cantata, which is good enough for my purposes.

Options --> Create New Conventional [from the home screen before loading model]. I selected "Fresnel" --> REGDIM --> Path=&Custom --> Lamp Base GY9.5 Default Lamp T27/240V --> Lens type = Zoom --> Beam Angle 10 to 50 --> Slot size = 185mm --> 2D Symbol = Modelbox Strand Cantata F --> 3D Symbol = 6inch Fresnel A --> Manufacturer = Elation --> My name = me.

This creates the fixture in the &Custom fixture library which I can add to my design. However when I add a barndoor it appears in the centre of the fixture not at the end, and it is also not allowing me to zoom the fixture but has decided it has fixed focus.

Can you see what I am doing wrong?

Peter

Hi Peter:

That's exactly what I would have done, so I see no reason for it not to work unless there is an issue in WYG itself. I'll give it a go an a while and see what happens.

Cheers

Smiffy

Hi Peter;

I've had a chat with Peter and Gil from WYSIWYG for you and it seems that a part of the Create Fixture Functionality is a bit broken. That said, Peter has created a fixture for you and emailed it to me. If you can PM me your email address I shall forward it over to you.

Cheers

Smiffy

Hi Peter;

I've had a chat with Peter and Gil from WYSIWYG for you and it seems that a part of the Create Fixture Functionality is a bit broken. That said, Peter has created a fixture for you and emailed it to me. If you can PM me your email address I shall forward it over to you.

Cheers

Smiffy

Hi Smiffy - PM sent. I am glad that it wasn't me doing something totally daft after all! Many thanks - PV

Archived