Audio database

lawsonpd

Hi fellow 'Blueroomers',

Forgive me if this is covered elsewhere but I have checked the FAQs and it wasn't apparent. Currently I have a few CDs worth of Sound effects and am looking for an alternative way of storing and finding the effect that I require. So I'm looking for suggestions, from the experts here, of windows based software to allow me to catalogue and if possible store and audition sound effects (usually WAV files but occasionally MP3 - if I can get away with it)

Ideally the software needs to be at the free / cheap end of the market. Over to you.....!

Regards

Peter

I have a large collection of SFX all stored on a HDD under a directory called "SFX", each cd is then ripped & stored in its own subdir with its title eg BBC SFX37 Guns and stored in track format not an ISO or other image.

I then just need go to the root "SFX" dir and use the windows search function to pull up all SFX that match.

It is important that each wave file has a descriptive title!

Simple, fast and free :stagecrew:

I simply have a folder on my computer which then has subfolders of a type of sound effect (bells, guns, animals etc...). These then have further sub-folders with more refined descriptions (so in animals you might have birds, dogs, cats etc. or in bells you might have alarm, church, doorbell etc.). Then make sure each sound effect is named accurately (rather than Bell1, have electric fire alarm). For the number of SFX I have it's really easy to find things by this system, but if I have more I can just use the Windows search function.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Many thanks for your suggestions. Just thought you'd like to know that I'm in the early stages of experimenting with MediaMonkey. Not sure if it meets my needs yet. But it'll be fun finding out!

Thanks again

Peter

Archived