How to get theater Clwyd

richard

You're doing the re-lights for "Our Song", then? :rolleyes:

Assuming you're coming by train, get yourself to Chester (pretty good services from Euston via Crewe), then it's a 12-mile journey to Mold. On Sunday night, you're probably looking at a taxi ride - the usually decent bus service tends to tail away to almost nothing at that time.

Make sure the local LX chaps (a thoroughly decent bunch!) take you down the hill to the Glasfryn for a pint at lunchtime, and try the local Plassey bitter - heaven in a glass! If I'm around, I'll try to pop in and say hello.

If you need any more directions or anything, let me know!

Ask Gareth,,,, he if from that part of the World....... DOH So am I DOH!

Hire a car if you car cos if you have to get home again after the gig you will be stuck in Mold...... and NO one wants to do that on a Sunday night :rolleyes:

ye , I live in Newtown, about an hour away! I stay in Wrexham during the week and study technical at a college near by - Yale. Where abouts are you coming from, its quite a nice place, they have a nice shermann system of a mate of mines and a 550 I think.

ye , I live in Newtown, about an hour away! I stay in Wrexham during the week and study technical at a college near by - Yale. Where abouts are you coming from, its quite a nice place, they have a nice shermann system of a mate of mines and a 550 I think.

You're a bit behind the times - Rich paid his visit to our lovely corner of the country a week ago!

Clwyd Theatr Cymru have a 530, two 520's, an LBX, an Arri Imagine, a Galaxy 2, and (unless Pat's finally managed to flog it) an SP60. But no 550. And although there are some small Shermann speakers kicking around somewhere in the building, the main workhorse speakers are Meyer (UPA) and Wharfdale (Force9).

a 530, two 520's, an LBX, an Arri Imagine, a Galaxy 2, and (unless Pat's finally managed to flog it) an SP60

7 lighting desks, that is posh.

bet you just cant fault the Meyers though

ste :D

The control booth must be enormous... :D

Sadly not ... but still bigger than many others I've had the misfortune of op#ing shows in over the years :D

The 530 lives in the main theatre, one of the 520s usually lives in the studio, the other 520 is either a stalls control for the main house (it's all networked) or used on the larger tours or in the mobile theatre, the LBX does the smaller tours and hire jobs, the Arri was inherited when CTC took over the old HTV Wales studio that shares the same building, the Galaxy preceeded the 530 in the main house, and the SP60 is the original desk out of the studio theatre. There used to be an MMS (original from the main house) and a Gemini (replaced the SP60 in the studio) too, but they went to good homes quite some time ago, as I recall.

If I was really going to make Clwyd sound like the impressive place it is, I'd tell you about the inordinately large number of Yamaha O2Rs and DM2000s that they have ... :D

Archived