BECTU/TMA code of conduct

leofric

Having spent the last year tour outside the UK I am in the process of working up my production paperwork for the shows return to the UK in the Autumn.

One of the documents that has been forwarded onto me to look at is the Bectu/ TMA code of conduct. Now I've had a quick look over it and have no great problems with the it, other than it adds a couple more layers of paperwork to my health and safety folder.

What I am interested is anyones experience of this scheme in operation either from a receiving or a touring perspective, how are people implementing it, do people find it useful, etc.

I therefore declare the floor open

Cheer

Leo

I think the code of conduct has it's place - most of what it asks for is (or should be) common practice in any case.

Where I think it has more issues is trying to integrate it into theatre's that have international tours playing there.

For example, Sadler's Wells Theatre has a fairly even mix of touring companies coming in - as part of their tech spec is a one page appendix that states their code of Practice for the same thing. I tend to feel that the one page document approach is easier to implement and get across to all incoming companies. And the theatre then has the option of supplying the full Code if needed.

Have a look for yourselves - below are links to both the TMA/BECTU Code of Conduct for those who haven't yet seen it and Sadler's Wells list have their tech spec available to download (page 16 is the one relevent to this thread)

http://www.tmauk.org/Downloads/TMABECTUCod...ct20May2010.pdf

http://www.sadlerswells.com/assets/pdfs/swt_tech2010_2.pdf

Archived