Jimmy Kamar Dubai

Tall Guy

If a chap called Jimmy Kamar from Dubai emails asking for a quote on a reasonable amount of equipment. Tell him you know it's a scam.

I quoted him, I pro-forma'd him for £9,000. He sent a "bank transfer" for £49,900.00 .

What I was supposed to do is tell him he's overpaid, he'll ask that I send him a cheque for the overpaid amount. All good.....

What he's actually done is raised a false bank draft in some random bank, asked for the funds to be sent out to (in this case our bank). The funds will show as paid in, but as and when the banks finally get round to clearing the funds, there aren't any.By this time, his victim will have raised a cheque and sent it in the belief that the funds are actually cleared... they are not (it often takes 2-3 weeks for the banks to realise its fraudulent) you'll get a nasty shock.

I spotted the scam a mile off but some may just see money money money and get excited, please don't fall for it.

Archived