RF Cable Adaptor

DSA

Hi,

I should be able to find this but can't. Sorry!

At my university residence, there is a TV but the aerial cable is M-F, and it needs to be M-M. Is there a sex change adaptor available? If so I can't find it in either the canford/maplin catalogues....maybe I am blind!

Alternatively would a new cable be cheaper?

Thanks,

David

why does it need to be M-M out of interrest

Because the connectors on the wall/tv are both female, and the cable is currently M-F

you could always chop 1 end off your M-F cable and stick one of these on. Thats probably the cheapest option and they are pretty simple to fit.

agreed, that would be a sensible opion, however as it is not my cable I am not in a position to do that...unfortunately.

Sound's like I'll just get a new cable.

If you do head down to your local maplins it might be a good idea to take a hardhat  .

Explain :blink: ???

Thanks,

David

Hey all. im totally against this for H&S reason, but is it safe to rig lights about 10 feet off the floor on some truss with cable ties? I was told to rig up some lights at my work today, which is a well known electrical shop, and I was told to use cable ties because we didnt have an G clamps in stock. I then noticed all our lights are rigged up there with cable ties. What's peoples oppinions on this. Im totally against it an have made it well known to my manager that I take no responsibility if anything happens.

So what do you all think about this? weve got some Geni movers, like Mojo scan and mojo spins, stuff like that, when I was rigging them up, they didnt feel like the cable ties could take there weight so I put a few on.

If you do head down to your local maplins it might be a good idea to take a hardhat  .

Explain :blink: ???

Thanks,

David

Galante used to wour for maplins, hit the snapback for more info.

Kal

Your best bet is to buy a new M-M aerial cable. Maplins, Dixons, Comet, B&Q, etc all stock them.

The M-F one is for connecting the TV to the RF out on a video (which is male), or you could use it as an aerial extension lead...

Marc

Archived