Strand 520i and rigger's remote

torch1972

I have a Strand 520i and a rigger's remote that will not connect to the lighting desk. On the remotes display this messageis displayed, "waiting for desk". Now I have read the manual and I have searched blue room but I don't seem to be able to get the remote to work withthe desk. It would seem I am doing something wrong or I am missing a piece of information that will get the remote to communicate with the liighting desk.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the remote to work?

Thanks

Make sure the remote is plugged into the correct port in the rear of the desk, (aux 1 usually) and then go into console setup and check that the remote is set to the right port and 'r120 wired' or whichever model you are using. Sometimes pressing the star key on the remotes themselves can jump it out of the 'waiting for desk' message too.

Joe

Possibly, the remote is receiving power but not data, so it might be worth checking the cabling (assuming you have a wired remote).

Also, the 520i I use most often seems to prefer aux3 for the remote— it doesn't work reliably on the others if it's not already plugged in when you turn the desk on. So it might be worth trying all 3 sockets if it's not working on the one you're currently using.

To get into console setup, press report. 'Adv setup' is a softkey that gives you 'console setup' as an option. It's worth enabling the remote on all three sockets until you get it working (and for cases where it gets missplugged in a hurry!).

Edit to add: I suspect the desk only looks for remotes every so often, as the detection time is a bit random. Often, the desk will respond to commands even when the remote still shows 'waiting for desk', but that normally results in the remote display correcting itself.

Archived