Rank Strand MMS

Luke

Ahhh...

Well here I am, The man with the MMS.

It is still working, but we have not used it for a while.

We are at some stage going to renovate the upper auditorium and I will make sure that the MMS is still active.

Daniel.

(New Empire Theatre)..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will you do me a favour? If you have the MMS apart to give it some TLC before putting it back into service, can you see if one or two of the modules still say "Mold Arts Centre" on the side? If they do, they're original modules from the old MMS that was the first desk installed at the theatre I work at - a couple of my colleagues have been at the theatre pretty much right from the start, and they'd be quite pleased to know that bits of the MMS were still going strong!

• 1 year later...

Hi, Daniel here again.

In October 2008 we lost the Empire Theatre when the landlord messed us about and threw us out of the building. He bought the building about 18 months after we took it over in 1998, so he thought that it was fully fited out when we went in. He was under the impression that if he got rid of us that we would leave everything behind, as he wanted another company to run the venue. He gave us 7 days to remove our personal stuff and we went in and stripped everything out that we had built and installed. He was left with a totaly empty shell, as it was when we went in. We still have all the equipment in storage including the MMS, but I did not have time to get the cabinet out. It has now been 15 months since we had to leave. It has been a very dull 15 months and we all miss it very much. Know one will ever know the work that went into getting it all up and running and the fun and exitement during the ten wonderfull years we were there. I am not normaly a person who would say this, but I have so much hatred for the landlord. The building has been empty all this time and is now up for sale. So he discovered the hard way what we had told him all along that the building that was valued at £940,000 he would not get 1.5 Million for (thats what he was asking).

Believe me, if we could, we would go back in tomorrow and do it all again. We have kept the web site as a memorial to ten fantastic years, in a wonderfull venue, and with wonderfull people.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello again.

I am sorry, but the website for the New Empire Theatre has now been removed. We kept it there as long as we could. If anyone would like info about the MMS or other issues regarding the Empire, you can contact me at electronicdan@hotmail.co.uk

Dan.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Will you do me a favour? If you have the MMS apart to give it some TLC before putting it back into service, can you see if one or two of the modules still say "Mold Arts Centre" on the side? If they do, they're original modules from the old MMS that was the first desk installed at the theatre I work at - a couple of my colleagues have been at the theatre pretty much right from the start, and they'd be quite pleased to know that bits of the MMS were still going strong!

Yes, it is the back-up fader module that was from the "Mold Arts Centre", I still have it.

The module was given to me by jim laws, along with a few other modules from other desks.

Dan.

Archived