S72 Demux Help

Ian der Laan

Hi,

I am trying to get our S72 Demux working with some act6 dimmers (and act 6+'s - but they're working fine on DMX). The problem I'm having is that DMX (from the desk) 1 is controlling channel 1 on the 1st act6 dimmer fine, but channel 2 seems to bring up all available channels on all act6 dimmers.

Is this;

a cabling fault?

a 'soft' patch - a scene that has been stored previously?

or user error?!Is there anyway to Master Reset the S72?

Any help greatfully recieved!

Cheers,

Ian!

If you need anymore info, just ask.

I suspect the adaptor cable that you have is wired incorrectly, two possibilities spring to mind

1. The adaptor is one for use with Pulsar dimmers which have a different wiring configuration to Strand

2. You may need to add or remove the 25pin-25pin adaptors that were supplied with the unit to convert the pin out configuration

My guess is that the 1. the Pulsar adaptor is most likely

I suspect the adaptor cable that you have is wired incorrectly, two possibilities spring to mind

1. The adaptor is one for use with Pulsar dimmers which have a different wiring configuration to Strand

2. You may need to add or remove the 25pin-25pin adaptors that were supplied with the unit to convert the pin out configuration

My guess is that the 1. the Pulsar adaptor is most likely

Thanks for this, I suspected as much. Do you know the correct config?

Cheers.

Copied from Wiki - Strand is same as Zero 88

8 Way

Used as a dimmer connector in lighting. There are two wiring "standards" for analogue control systems. Beware of voltage and polarity differences with older Strand equipment.

Zero 88 etc convention: pins 1 to 6 are channels 1 to 6, pin 7 is desk supply, pin 8 is ground.

Pulsar convention: pin 1 is desk supply, pin 2 is ground, pins 3 to 8 are channels 1 to 6.

Archived