Scroller strings

Jon T

Hey, I have a colour-call for a scroll I want but no idea how much they cost or where to get them from. AC lighting do the scroll express but how much do they charge etc? Where do you buy yours from?

Many thanks

Jon

Hey, I have a colour-call for a scroll I want but no idea how much they cost or where to get them from. AC lighting do the scroll express but how much do they charge etc? Where do you buy yours from?

I've used AC Lighting for scrolls in the past, and their prices are very reasonable. As with most suppliers of custom scrolls, the more you buy the less you pay.

Any of the major lighting suppliers (AC, White Light, Stage Electrics, etc.) will be able to manufacture scrolls for you - if you're hiring the scrollers it makes sense to buy your scrolls from the same place, then you can ask them to fit the scrolls into the units for you. If you're not used to it it can be a bit of a 'black art', depending on the make/model of scroller ....

For reference, I think I paid £14 for an 11 frame scroll (Lee gels) for a Chroma Q a few months ago, from White Light.

As Gareth says, depending on the model of scroller, you might be able to make up your own, but some brands are easier than others.

As Gareth says, depending on the model of scroller, you might be able to make up your own, but some brands are easier than others.

Errr, Peter, I didn't suggest making up one's own scroll - far from it, a badly-made scroll can cause no end of calibration/running problems, and they're so cheap to buy ready-made that it's not worth the hassle of cutting your own and taping it together.

What I was suggesting is that buying your scrolls from the same source that you're using for hiring your scrollers makes sense, because you can ask the hire company to load the scrolls for you rather than doing it yourself. If you haven't set up scrollers before, and they're older models which don't self-calibrate, it can be a bit of a nightmare until you get used to it.

Archived