Looking for a stage

soundo26

having been let down for the second time for a stage for a small charity music festival, we are desperately looking for a low-cost stage, can anybody help out please?

This event is run by a local musician and helped by me, we do it because we enjoy it and the aim is to provide some money to charity whilst having a great time with the festival

The event is happening over the weekend of July 31st - 1st August in Pewsham, on the A4 near Chippenham. This is our second year and last year's event was great. We have over 30 top class local bands appearing over the two days. The proceeds of the event go to Shelter and neither we, or the artists take any expenses or fees other than direct costs for things like this so free help would be great but we can pay costs as long as they are not too much!

We are looking for any solution, whether it be a proper stage or a suitable Vehicle.

I am also looking for some additional PA kit to augment the small rig I have and a generator to power the stage!

The website for the event is www.summerofloveandmusic.net

If you can provide any assistance with this, please PM me.

Many thanks, Brian Keen

Moderation: Changed title to something a bit more descriptive!

hi,

I've used the TS1 stage rig from Totaly Sound, very helpful guys. For a bit extra they'll tow a big genny down for you also. They can also provide PA (its built into the stage truck), although I don't know the costs for that.

I know this will probably cost you more than you were thinking of spending, so have you thought about offering some kind of sponsorship deals to local companies? Try making up various different packages, £250 gets their logo on flyers, £500 gets logo on flyers, and on banners, £750 gets them logos on flyers, banners, x free tickets, announcements on stage (thanks to x)....etc. I find its easier to get money out of companies if you've done the event before and can prove the number of people you actualy get (photos, press articles..etc).

Regards

Chris

Archived