Auto DMX Software

joewatts

Hi I regually have to DMX over 100 address but it can take ages working out every light address.

Does anyone know of any good DMX addressing software that I can run off a laptop onsite without the internet required?

Thank You

Hi I regually have to DMX over 100 address but it can take ages working out every light address.

Does anyone know of any good DMX addressing software that I can run off a laptop onsite without the internet required?

Thank You

Any off line console software, you will be able to patch fixtures, Normally you can just say I want 25 of thsi fixture starting at address "6" and the console then patches them. This then gives you a start address for each fixture.

I think thats what you are asking. If you are looking for Dip switch calculators just google it, there's plenty out there.

Andy

Excel + "fill down" function + some addition?

Fixture Name Channels Address

<fixture name> <number of channels> 1

<fixture name> <number of channels> < = C2 + B3 >

<fixture name> <number of channels> < = C3 + B4 >

...etc?

=DEC2BIN(C2, 9) gives you the binary if you have dipswitched fixtures too.

Although usually I don't have everything squished up in the universe. I try and make the increment some nice binary number. E.g. if I have fixtues with 13 channels, I'll number them 1, 17, 33, 49, 65.... which in binary gives:

0000 0001

0001 0001

0010 0001

0011 0001

Nice and simple to remember.

I sometimes just use freestyler for patching, it allows you to see all you fixtures and addresses in a table making it easier.

Allthough I'm proberly now going to make the excel spreadsheet above as it sounds like a much better method.

Archived