Coemar Spares Wanted

KevinE

Hello, Im looking for some spare parts to maintain a fleet of Coemar iSpot150 moving heads.

We need a couple of lower head-cases and the gaskets (3 gaskets per case). Does anyone actually keep these in the UK?

Burple UK are ignoring me (we've been after these for 4 weeks now) and Coemar Italy have directed me to White Light who want to charge me £46 carriage!

I'm at the stage where I just recommend to my customer that they scrap them and fit something better; they already have a rig of Robes and at least they have a UK office.

Kevin

If it were up to me, I'd scrap them now to save yourself hassle later on. They are fine when they are working, but a pain to repair. I had the misfortune to repair 8 of them a few years ago. Because of the way in which they find the home position when they reset, the tilt belts get their teeth ripped out in one particular spot. Replacing the belt requires that you either completely disassemble the head, or cut the wiring loom in half.

Tell me about it! They reset by driving onto the hard stop and the encoder detects that the head has stalled and resets it there. To be fair alot of them do that, but I agree the tilt belt is not up to the job and they usually end up shedding their teeth. Coemar now supply a wider belt which seems to be better.

I've just spoken to Burple, they have been out of the office for a while but are hopefully getting on to it next week!

Kev

Archived