Audacity

Matthew Robinson

Hi all,

I'm trying to cut the end off a track in Audacity, I've tried selecting the bit I want to delete, and deleting it in the edit menu, but it's greyed out. Any ideas?

Also, I want to fade out the end of the track, any ideas for this. (the envelope tool doesn't work either).

Thanks.

Select the portion you want the fade to occur in (I.e from the start to the end), then select 'Effect' - 'Fade out'.

As for the greyed out bit I'm not entirely sure what you mean, I can't seem to recreate the situation you're describing.

[edit]

I've never played with the envelope tool before, but having tried it I've got no problems with it here.

Are you editing a wav file, or did it start life as something else?

Just a quick thought - have you paused or stopped the track. If you're trying to edit with the track paused it won't let you do too much with it. I've been caught out a few times before with it!

If you're trying to edit with the track paused it won't let you do too much with it. I've been caught out a few times before with it!

Ditto here - catches me out *soooo* often!

Archived