HDMI Install question

Pattern123

I am pricing up a small install to include three facility panels in a hall, which will all route back to one projector. In order to facilitate idiot proof operation I am trying to route all three facility panels into a single path to go to the projector. I can do this with composite Video, VGA and splitting the audio direct into the PA, but how would I do this with HDMI? They want to be able to use it for a film club, so HDMI signal into each one is a requirement, but is there a box that will route several inputs to a single output and split out the sound? Or how would others approach it?

One key issue that you have left out is the distances involved. How far is it from the panels to the projector? Are you planning to go from the panels to a machine rack, and then out to the projector?

Furthest distance is from back of hall max 40M for cable run, the other two are closer, 10M and 5M respectively. So I guess conversion to Cat5 from back of hall, then back at the rack, I guess I could use 2 x auto switching cables to route from rack to projector, unless there is a box that will take all three inputs and auto sense/switch them?

Archived