3rd party speaker covers

Alec

Anyone used 3rd party speaker covers and live to pass on their views.

Need a pair of covers for my new RCF ART 722s. Slightly baulking at the cost of the RCF covers, especially as the zips seem to go fairly quickly on them in my experience.

Slightly tempted by Hot Covers at half the price. And in some ways, prefer the idea of the slip on covers.

Has anyone else used Hot Covers and recommends them, or wants to tell me to run away quickly?

I can highly recommend Alco Leather Ltd (01132 524644)

Excellent quality and service, good value too + you get a 10% discount voucher off your next order.

We've used them several times now for covers for d&b Q-SUBs and to this day both the covers and cabs still look as good as new.

The contact at Alco is Steve.

I've used pro-tec in Bradford. Very impressed and quite cheap. Material was a dark green thick woven nylon fabric. Sure they do other covers too. They put velcro flaps in for me so I could get to controls and elasticated straps that would wrap under the cabinet to keep the cover on. Basically whatever you want, they'll make them. They even do covers for helicopters!

I seem to recall my slip on covers for 6 cabinets were about £100 for the lot, but it was a while ago and don't quote me on it!

Pro-Tec

http://www.cplfelthams.co.uk/ made us a set of padded vinyl covers for our D&B c7s. Very well made. Heavy stitching never failed. A skinny sheet of plywood integrated in the front protected the grills. Kept the boxes looking great for years.

The only downside to covers was that D&B made the boxes 580mm wide so they fitted 4 across the back of a truck (qtr pack). But the padded bags added a few mm to each box width so the qtr pack didn't quite work in many UK trucks, messing up the pack. Sometimes we got lucky with a slightley wider 2.5m wide loadspace and they would fit 4 across.

Anyone used 3rd party speaker covers and live to pass on their views.

Need a pair of covers for my new RCF ART 722s. Slightly baulking at the cost of the RCF covers, especially as the zips seem to go fairly quickly on them in my experience.

Slightly tempted by Hot Covers at half the price. And in some ways, prefer the idea of the slip on covers.

Has anyone else used Hot Covers and recommends them, or wants to tell me to run away quickly?

I used Hotcovers to build me a pair of covers for my dB tech 18" subs - not a model they had stock plans for. I supplied them with the dimensions, inc where I wanted holes to access handles, and within about 1 week the covers had arrived. They fit like a glove and are of very high quality. I highly recommend them!

Rob

We have used piano covers online to make padded covers for all our L Acoustics boxes, the covers are great are lasting well. They made one as a template and sent it to us for checking and then made up the rest they were not cheap but a tenth of the price of the manufacturers covers and the full set were less than a tin of l Acoustic brown paint!

I has some made at Daleswear in Ingleton, Near Lancaster. They custom made covers for different Shermann models including RS5, R118b, Lm401 and MRL 401's. They are soft covers, very durable and have kept well.

http://www.mooncoyn.co.uk/images/P1000892a.gif

They also printed the covers to my spec. Price was very reasonable.

Archived