Curtain Winder has unwound!

steve h

I hope this hasn't been covered, I've had a google but cant find it

Sometime between Friday morning and this morning all the cable has come off the winder for our tabs. Ive attached a pic of what it looks like now but I have no idea how to get it back on. We have a show on this week so its kind of an urgent thing to be done!

Ive unwound all the cable as it was in a huge know and tried to wind it back on but as one end winds on the other end falls off and starts knotting up again. Just thought I should ask for some help incase I mess it up completely!

thanks

Steve

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9762/img00097201005301016.jpg

I had the same problem once at a previous venue. As I recall it was just a matter of trying to keep the cable very tight the whole time as you wind it on. Having other people to help keep the tension up can be a bonus, but expect that you will fail a few times before you're successful!

Good luck!

P.S. I hope someone else has a failsafe way of doing it! ;)

I had the same problem once at a previous venue. As I recall it was just a matter of trying to keep the cable very tight the whole time as you wind it on. Having other people to help keep the tension up can be a bonus, but expect that you will fail a few times before you're successful!

Good luck!

P.S. I hope someone else has a failsafe way of doing it! ;)

Thanks for that. I took one end off and wound the other on before reattaching the other side. I wouldn't like to have to open it quickly though as there are quite a few kinks. If someone has a proper way of doing this it would be much appreciated!

Steve

The steel rope needs to be under a little bit of tension - else it will do what it has done.

Are there divertor pulleys with springs (up at track height perhaps) that can be adjusted to tension the wire?

Or possibly the winding assembly can be moved up/down to adjust tension?

Glad you sorted the mess out.....and hope the website page helped.

You'll be relieved to hear that our modern manual winch has cable retainers on the drum and comes with a fully adjustable guard to keep little fingers out of the mechanism.....!

Cheers all - see you at the ABTT with a fridge bulging with refreshments.

Hall Stage

Archived