Mobile tower inspection

Humey

I am about to erect our mobile tower and I am aware that they have to be inspected before use. However I don't have any PASMA inspection cards (the green or red tags). I know PASMA sell these for £55 for 50 and it is too late for me to order them. Is it possible to just right a inspection report and attach it to the tower?

A scaffold tower has to be "Fit for purpose".

You do not need to place a tag on it or write a report, this is just a way of showing that it is fit for purpose and has been signed of as such by a "competent" person.

If you are a "competent" person, it sounds like you've done a PASMA or similar course, then go ahead and use the tower.

The tags are only of real use of building sites etc where lots of different people may use the same tower and they want to know if it is safe to use/fully assembled before they go up it.

A scaffold tower has to be "Fit for purpose".

You do not need to place a tag on it or write a report, this is just a way of showing that it is fit for purpose and has been signed of as such by a "competent" person.

If you are a "competent" person, it sounds like you've done a PASMA or similar course, then go ahead and use the tower.

The tags are only of real use of building sites etc where lots of different people may use the same tower and they want to know if it is safe to use/fully assembled before they go up it.

Thanks, I shall scale the dizzy heights right now!

From PASMA's website:

The work at Height Regulations require that mobile access towers are inspected after assembly and before use by a competent person, that a written report of that inspection is completed before going off duty.

Although from memory this is in case you are leaving the tower assembled after use.

When we run out of tags we usually just LX a piece of A4 paper saying that the tower is safe and suitable for use by competent person(s) with the name, date and signature of the person that erected the tower.

John.

I am about to erect our mobile tower and I am aware that they have to be inspected before use. However I don't have any PASMA inspection cards (the green or red tags). I know PASMA sell these for £55 for 50 and it is too late for me to order them. Is it possible to just right a inspection report and attach it to the tower?

You can find the inspection tags&holders at a reasonable price at The Safety Supply Company.

Archived