DMX Desk Help

MirageTool

Hi All,

I have a DMX Desk that has started to play me up a little. The LCD screen keeps going blank or a mess of unreadable numbers. Does anyone have any experience of this happening and how to fix it. I think the Desk is a DMX Master 1, it was not the most expensive but as I only use it to control par cans I dont want to have to buy another one just yet.

Cheers

Phil.

The LCD screen keeps going blank or a mess of unreadable numbers.

Something similar happened with my Behringher LC2412. It could be that if the desk has a watch battery cell inside, this is going/gone flat. You could try replacing this and see if there is any improvement.

Lx Dave

Most likely causes are : a dry joint on the circuit board, a loose connector to the display (if it isn't soldered directly to the main board) or a bad power supply - check to make sure the lead from the transformer to the desk isn't damaged (likely to occur where the lead goes into the transformer), otherwise it's a matter of taking it apart and doing the usual fault-finding.

Archived