Fat Frog Chase Issue

Spock

Hi

I have a problem/issue with a Zero88 Fat Frog controller. I have programmed some chases into memories and want to transfer them to submasters so I can run them independently of whatever scene is being replayed. I have gone through both methods outlined in the manual for 'transfer with time' but neither seems to work. Please could someone point out any steps not covered in the manual I am not aware of. I need to get this working before the show tomorrow evening.

regards

Spock

P.S. The operating system is at level 10.12. I also do not have a screen attached to the controller so am reliant on the built-in LCD screen.

Are you using movers? If so you'll need to make sure they are not programmed into the chase or when you run it over the state in the stack the LTP from the subs will take over.

Otherwise, check the memory master is in the right place (if it's up try it down and vice versa!)

Otherwise, it should be as simple as recording a memory as a chase, having it active, then pressing and holding 'transfer with(out) time' with the sub flash button to select.

Are you using movers?

I am not using movers but am using some LED fixtures in the chases. I am next in the venue ( a school) at 3:30 tomorrow for a 6:30 show so I can have a go then.

thanks.

Are your LED par cans patched as fixtures or on the dimmer channels?

If there on fixtures can you program the LED pars onto a submaster, and have them respond apropiatley? I.e when you bring the submaster up they come up, and most importantly when you bring it down they go down? (sorry if this sounds patronising but LED pars patched as fixtures on a fatfrog usually the colour scrollers which are LTP and dont behave like submasters as they wont go back down when you bring the submaster down. [Dont know if this has been fixed with an update]).

I cant remember how to transfer them as its been a good year since I used one but I do remember its a bit fiddly.

Hope this helps.

Edit

Quick google and this is fixed on your version of the frog.

Hi

I have a problem/issue with a Zero88 Fat Frog controller. I have programmed some chases into memories and want to transfer them to submasters so I can run them independently of whatever scene is being replayed. I have gone through both methods outlined in the manual for 'transfer with time' but neither seems to work. Please could someone point out any steps not covered in the manual I am not aware of. I need to get this working before the show tomorrow evening.

regards

Spock

P.S. The operating system is at level 10.12. I also do not have a screen attached to the controller so am reliant on the built-in LCD screen.

Heres what I do on an old Frog (hopefully it does the same thing):

The two transfers buttons, WITH and NO TIME, both do the same transfer, but WITH TIME will include the fade times from the memory. So, first highlight the chase scene in the MEMORY function using + and -.

Press and HOLD TWT or TNT until a box appears. Use the < and > buttons to highlight the target submaster, then either use + and - to choose one, or simply tap the flash button on an empty channel. Then just press ENTER.

Select the submaster page - the sub you chose should have a CONTENTS value of something like MEM001. Bring up the submaster to full. You memory/chase should appear and run.

Further to Some Other Blokes instructions, I've also found when teaching students that if the TWT button is held down for too long before you hit the submaster bump button, it doesn't register. So make sure you have your fingers over the buttons first, then press and hold the TWT button and quickly press the bump button of the sub that you want it to operate on.

Make sure also that the chase does not have lengthy fade in/out times specified in the memory.

Archived