Poorly A&H GL2400

Munro

My A&H GL2400 is a bit poorly at the moment. intermittently it refuses to send audio to the left bus.

I've sent it in to Wigwam Acoustics, but each time they turn it on (they've had it for two days) it works perfectly.

I'm seriously starting to think I'm cursed, so I'm going over on monday, has anyone else had this issue? It's not done loads of hours in its life, (its been sat in a school, in a flightcase, being used twice a year, for about 4 years, but everyday for the past two. Is this a normal amount of hours before something decides to pass away?

thanks

I'll ask the obvious question first. Are you sure it is the desk that has the intermittent fault or could it be the cable or even the amp that is connected to the left channel that has the fault?

These are fantastic mixers - and diagnosing and then fixing the problem shouldn't be difficult.

Firstly - when you loose the LH channel, do you still have signals indicated on the bargraph meters?

Something always worth trying is to push a jack plug very gingerly (slowly) into the insert jack socket, until the output signal is just lost (as the switch contact in the insert jack just opens). Then remove the plug slowly. Does the signal come back strongly? Sometimes just 'cleaning' the jack contacts by pushing a jack plug into the socket a few times will solve the problem.

A&H mixers are well supported - with a good network of experienced repair centres and ready help available from the Technical support guys in the factory. See their Web site for more information.

I'll ask the obvious question first. Are you sure it is the desk that has the intermittent fault or could it be the cable or even the amp that is connected to the left channel that has the fault?

When I lose the left, I can successfully send it to the groups in stereo. I have also swapped the plugs, so the right goes to the left speakers and that works without any issues.

These are fantastic mixers - and diagnosing and then fixing the problem shouldn't be difficult.

Firstly - when you loose the LH channel, do you still have signals indicated on the bargraph meters?

Something always worth trying is to push a jack plug very gingerly (slowly) into the insert jack socket, until the output signal is just lost (as the switch contact in the insert jack just opens). Then remove the plug slowly. Does the signal come back strongly? Sometimes just 'cleaning' the jack contacts by pushing a jack plug into the socket a few times will solve the problem.

when I lost the channel I AFLed the left and got nothing, and the individual bargraph gave me

nothing either.

The desk is not used with inserts on the main mix (only on the groups). Could this still be an issue that maybe something got caught in there and when it was transported to wigwam and they pushed the jacks into the inserts they freed it up?

They still can't find anything wrong so I'm going to pick it up tommorrow and prove to the guy who's been looking at it that I'm not actually cursed :-P

Archived