Where to get Scripts

Hi

The cast have been given the yellow books and the crew will be given them (dont usually get them until 2 days before the tech :) ). I have asked for mine before hand and first rehersal is next week so should get it then.

I expect mine will be the yellow book as well. With regard to photo copying I could get it done but comes from the theatre budget and all that so not much chance of that happening. I have access to a copier myself to do it but its just the time involved with doing it for god-knows how many pages!

Thanks for your help anyway!

nick

god-knows how many pages!

59 IIRC.

On the subject of schools doing grease, my school's first performance is in 2hrs 40mins. I've been promoted to LX board op with no experience :o. That said, its only a sirius 24 running presets only (no movers or memory)...

no movers

Movers on a sirius 24 (/48). I would like to see somoeone pull that off. Expect it could be done with some very careful and time consuming programming.

slightly off topic- why are you running it off presets? Programming and Opperating a sirus 24/48 is a piece of cake. Alln you do is put board into program set up scene with faders- program memory button then set fade up time- press program time, set fade down time- press program time and your done. that would take about 20 seconds. Then go to run select memory and press the GO Button- a monkey could do it!

Sam

Movers on a sirius 24 (/48)

Certainly can be done. I did a show in '94 on a Sirius 48 with 4 posi-spots (basically just a parcan with pan/tilt). IIRC, the lights actually took analogue, rather then DMX, for control. Programming wasn't actually that painful, although you got virtually no repeatability. In those days, I also used scrollers off the same board. Providing you're only using the playback, and don't end up with stuff in subs, you're fine.

Simon.

Simple movers on Sirius are fine,

Just use one atribute per state and call chases or presets to subs. Remember you can run 8 chases silmoutaniously. (1 on the FX section, the 6 subs and the memory)

Oh and if you have multiple movers then the DMX patch is your friend. :o

James

Having used 48ch of parcans, 2x 10ch scans and 4x 4ch scans on 1 Sirius 48

• 2 months later...

To go back to the original question: I don't know. But I did recently find this site for anyone wanting the lib for any of the G&S shows (and I really do mean any! I'm lighting 2 soon and was sent the link. Here it is. Hope it helps someone out there!

P.S. Their stuff is out of copyright, so I imagine that's why it is available so easily. Anything in copyright probably isn't going to be available like this or anyone could get it for nothing and put it on without paying. There are bad people out there!

Archived