How many Amplifiers for Martin Blackline

peterni

Hi,

I was curious as to how many amps you would use to run 2 x F15 and 2 x S18. We are currently powering ours with a QSC PLX3602 and we seem to be lacking a lot in the sub department. Doesn't seem to be much punch at all from the subwoofers however the tops are fine.. Would we be better to add another amp to drive the tops and bottoms separately? We have also played about with different wiring and tried it active using the M3 controller, but this just seemed to make things worse so we run everything passive at the moment.

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks,

Peter

I'm not sure if each output on the controller is set up as one for the subs and one for the tops. Does anyone else use the controller in this same setup than can advise on how they would set the controller?

I also notice in the m3 instruction manual it says, set mode to "with sub" mode, however on the front panel all the modes are Full range and HPF. How can this be setup correctly?

I'm not sure if each output on the controller is set up as one for the subs and one for the tops. Does anyone else use the controller in this same setup than can advise on how they would set the controller?

I also notice in the m3 instruction manual it says, set mode to "with sub" mode, however on the front panel all the modes are Full range and HPF. How can this be setup correctly?

Looks like there are 2 separate cards for the M3 - one for passive mode using the internal S18 crossover feeding out to the F15's (model M3-F12-F15SP) and another card for running active (using separate amps for the subs & tops) model m3-F12-F15. Although this is my interpretation of the data on their website. Give them a call if you are unsure.

Archived