Alternative to Daslight for Mac

jab46

I am learning to use and design lighting and on my old windows PC I was using Daslight which I thought was a brilliant piece of software to work with. unfortunately my graphics card sucked and didn't work properly. I then purchased my MacBook Pro but Daslight is not available on Mac so im wondering if anyone knows of an alternative programme to Daslight that works on Mac. I know this must be possible because my school uses a USB to DMX interface off Macs to control our Martin Mac lights.

• 2 months later...
Magic Q PC is absolutely class - We recently used it at a 5000+ capacity festival on all five stages (including main stage). Better if you have a wing to go with it but even with just a laptop and cheap dongle of ebay its perfectly good. When programmed up properly we find that even the work experience kids/ sound engineers can cope with doing a bit of busking if they so desired.

• 1 month later...
Magic Q PC is absolutely class - We recently used it at a 5000+ capacity festival on all five stages (including main stage). Better if you have a wing to go with it but even with just a laptop and cheap dongle of ebay its perfectly good. When programmed up properly we find that even the work experience kids/ sound engineers can cope with doing a bit of busking if they so desired.

Yep. I love it too.

I've been using it for a while with an old velleman dongle, but now you can pick up one from www.magicdmx.com for £10!!! And that's even with p&p.

Disposable lighting desks!

Archived