Getting into a Dataflash

Tom Baldwin

I'm trying to replace the cable and glands on my Dataflashes (the original ones, not the AF1000) at the moment, and can't actually get inside one.

The problem seems to be the 2-part Neutrik XLRs are stuck. It's not a variant of Neutrik connector I've seen before, and I can't see it listed on their website.

It's in the style of a DL series, but in two parts; the outer housing, which is front mounted to the case of the Dataflash, and a PCB-mounted insert, which slides into the back of the housing when the board is slid back into the case.

On most of my Dataflashes, the insert slides back out of the housing with no resistance, but on a couple, it's stuck solid. Judicious wiggling, thumping and other coercion isn't having any effect, and I'm wondering if there's some magic, hidden release catch that I can't see (and which has given way on the ones I can open).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I'm trying to replace the cable and glands on my Dataflashes (the original ones, not the AF1000) at the moment, and can't actually get inside one.

The problem seems to be the 2-part Neutrik XLRs are stuck. It's not a variant of Neutrik connector I've seen before, and I can't see it listed on their website.

It's in the style of a DL series, but in two parts; the outer housing, which is front mounted to the case of the Dataflash, and a PCB-mounted insert, which slides into the back of the housing when the board is slid back into the case.

On most of my Dataflashes, the insert slides back out of the housing with no resistance, but on a couple, it's stuck solid. Judicious wiggling, thumping and other coercion isn't having any effect, and I'm wondering if there's some magic, hidden release catch that I can't see (and which has given way on the ones I can open).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

small quarter turn fixing in the middle of the insert (when looking from the outside) ?

Archived