Gobo Editor...

maxjones2000

Hi, I have been using Martin LightJockey with the offLine vis. that comes with it (I think its the free demo version - I didnt have to pay for it.. ), and I have noticed in the manual that it has a gobo editor with the vis. (Martin Showdesigner Gold). However, I have searched my computer (in program files etc.) for the gobo editor and cannot find it :D . Any ideas where it is?

Any ideas much appreciated!

Thanks,

Max :D

It may be a feature you can only access in the Gold Edition. You could also ask on the Martin forum, they have one dedicated to Light Jockey users. It is full of useful information!

Thanks,

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look! I think the vis. that comes with it is the Gold version, as it says 'Gold' on startup.

Many Thanks again,

Max

:D

Its probably only the demo version of Gold. Full Gold with a dongle was about 3k last time I looked, its expensive but most definitly one of the top 5 viz packages. I prefer Light Converse as the Unlimited version is only about £1700 and the graphics are awesome. We don't distribute it, I use it out of choice as a freelancer.

Out of interest, what are you using the viz for? Just to practice programming?

Its probably only the demo version of Gold. Full Gold with a dongle was about 3k last time I looked, its expensive but most definitly one of the top 5 viz packages. I prefer Light Converse as the Unlimited version is only about £1700 and the graphics are awesome. We don't distribute it, I use it out of choice as a freelancer.

Out of interest, what are you using the viz for? Just to practice programming?

Hi

Yeh pretty much practicing to program and just to kill some time :** laughs out loud **:

I actually got the demo version of light converse, but I dont really get how to use it, and on my pc the graphics were awful - instead of a beam, there was just a stupidly bright coloured line coming from the front of the fixture. :P I dont get how to control it either, but I'll have a loook.

Thanks for the email (I'm just about to read it - I just saw your name in the sender box thing)

Max :** laughs out loud **:

I actually got the demo version of light converse, but I dont really get how to use it, and on my pc the graphics were awful - instead of a beam, there was just a stupidly bright coloured line coming from the front of the fixture. :P I dont get how to control it either, but I'll have a loook.

You have to connect it to some sort of control or use the built in control. The "fader" on the far right side is the dimmer. You will see the coloured line until you go to the Input tab which is next to the "1-2-3-4" tab. Then in that tab put the dimmer up again. You now should see a real beam of light and not a coloured line. If that doesn't work, make sure the shutter is open.

Hope that helps,

Archived