Rehearsal Room PA

Gillyman31

Hi All, first time post.

I would like some advice on rehearsal room P.A equipment.

P.A will be used for vocals and Keyboards so good bottom end needed. The room is not huge so nothing insanely powerful required.

Am I better looking at full range Cabs or Subs/ Bass bins and mids?

Also whats a good power amp?

Active or passive crossover?

Budget is not big so be gentle with me.

Regards

Chris

As it's only a rehearsal room, do you actually need a PA?

All the rehearsal spaces I (and many others) put together use just a monitor rig. This then allows the muso's to get used to what they want to hear, and allows then monitor engineer to save the data (if digital ofcourse) and only tweek it at the venue rather than building it all again.

Just out of interest, how much is your budget?

I would also suggest using Monitors instead, as this will get you used to what you will be hearing in a gig!

But you probably can find some cabs that can be both... but cant suggest any amps / cabs / mixers etc etc unless you have some kinda budget in mind.

As it's only a rehearsal room, do you actually need a PA?

All the rehearsal spaces I (and many others) put together use just a monitor rig. This then allows the muso's to get used to what they want to hear, and allows then monitor engineer to save the data (if digital ofcourse) and only tweek it at the venue rather than building it all again.

Just out of interest, how much is your budget?

Hi

Budget around £1500. Yeah been thinking that monitor would be a more realistic option, as you say its what we're used to on stage so why have a P.A.

How many people are you catering for?

£1500 for 2 wedges will get you some tasty kit. £1500 for 10 will see you going to Maplins.

Total number of monitors required = 4.

Everything else is in place. looking for something that will handle Keyboards and give good vocal monitoring clarity / level.

... have a graphic built in...

They may have a graphic built in, but only a 5 band graphic... So your still going too need external graphic eq's for your monitors.

Are you looking too get graphic eq for all the monitors in that budget too? And cabling and amps? Because obviously bear in mind that all of that is going too add up too.

James

Archived