Keyboard repairs..

Humey

Does anyone know how to remove the back panel from Yamaha PSR and E model keyboards? I removed all the screws carefully from the back panel, but the key section is still attached just under the screen. I don't want to go at it like a bull in a china shop and possibly ruin it, if anyone has any advise that would help?

the PSRs have loads of tape holding the cables down inside, so just go carefully, and remove the tape.

there are LOADs of screw holding them together, make sure you got the ones from inside the batter compartment as well.

power inputs broken by any chance??

if so, when you replace the socket, use some hot glue over the new socket to hold it to the board and the case. (I usually cut the contact off the DJ button as well whist its open)

I have glued all of mine, and non of the repaired ones have broken, some were done 2 1/2 years ago now.

As Tim has said there are about 4 recessed screws in the middle on the underside as well as the 8 or so around the edge.

Yamaha sent me a box of replacement boards for all of our PSR-E413 keyboards when ours started to fail within weeks of getting them. The only change to the power board was the huge amount of solder used on the power connector. We haven't had any fail again using these bodged modified boards. They aren't difficult to change but you will find an electric screwdriver very useful!

Archived