Avolites Pearl 2000 Screen Issue...

Aaron-Hill07

Hey Guys,

I've got an Avolites Pearl 2000 running 2004 software and the screen has got a fault on it which stops the desk from being used.

Basically, you start up the desk as usual... everything boots as it should but then the screen just flickers (Like it does on the boot-up normally) but it doesn't stop flickering which obviously means I can't see anything on the screen which makes it impossible to program and use!

Now, I don't know much about the inner workings of pearls but could do easy fixes if anyone knows what is likely to be wrong... If no-one has any ideas here I will just send it to Avo and get them to sort out. The thing that hits me is that the contrast and brightness can be changed fine but and it goes blue-yellow like it usually does yet theres just no writing on the screen etc. So it's getting power, etc but no signal by the look of it!

Any help is welcome, and the quicker the help the better!

P.S, any idea how quick the avolites service team can turn around basic repairs etc?

Thanks,

Aaron

I seem to remember that you can order a screen (if it is the screen) and replace it yourself if you wish, so you may not even need to send it to Avo. I would check the cable that connects the screen to the GPU. It could have become loose. You could also ring Avolites... Console support exists for times like this...

Hope you get it sorted.

Best Regards,

Archived