Multiple Outputs on Logic Express

CharlieH

Hi again everyone,

I run Logic Express on my MacBook and I am considering buying a new audio interface. This has 8 mic inputs, and a number of line inputs. It also has a few different outputs. Now on the mixer in Logic, I can assign an input to an output. That is easy. What I want to do is to assign one input to multiple outputs, without adding an additional track.

For example, when recording I would like to have a control room out, controlled by Logic, and a fold-back out, also controlled by Logic. I would have thought this would be possible by assigning all my fold-back channels to Aux 1, as well as Output 1-2. Then on the Aux 1 channel strip set the output to 3-4, thus giving me 2 outputs from a single channel strip. However, this doesn't work when I try it. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

I apologise for the bad explaining in this, but I hope it makes sense :P

Thanks,

Charlie

This makes complete sense. Have you checked that in the Applications->Utilities-> Audio/Midi Setup is configured correctly?

Just Checked on Logic Pro. I went Bus1 on the relevant channel To Aux 1 With the correct assigned output. Have you made sure you have turned up the Bus send level. This is done by turning up the dial to the right of the selection box.

Have you made sure you have turned up the Bus send level. This is done by turning up the dial to the right of the selection box.

Thank you very much! That was it, it works now. What a novice mistake to make, how embarrassing! :P

Charlie

Archived