Adrian Mann Theatre tech spec/plans

Tim Edwards

Hi All,

I'm after the lighting specs and plans for the Adrian Mann Theatre in Ewell, Epsom. Before some wise-arse asks- I've contacted the venue but had no response. I can't find any info on the website either.

If you have done a show there or have any useful info that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Wow, that's a blast from the past! The Adrian Mann Theatre is part of NESCOT (North East Surrey College of Technology) in the dim and distant past I did a year teaching Technical Theatre there one day a week working for Edwina Porter (Whom I see they have named a studio space after). It was basically a large School Hall with a Stage along one side, there were some Hemps and Lighting Bars (Possibly on Hand Winches, I seem to remember rigging on stage). Looks from photos on Google as if they now have some retractable or even permanent raked seating. Pretty basic set-up when I was there, lots of classic Strand lanterns and I think a manual desk at the time, or possibly a Tempus M24 which didn't work as well? I'm afraid my memory doesn't extend much beyond that. Sorry it's all a bit antique!

NESCOT ... Tempus M24

Good lord! thats awoken a memory - I've done a show in that venue, and it was that very M24 that I fell in love with controlling lights via something like a computer, rather than a big thing with lots of faders...

Back then it had eight Strand six channel dimmer packs up on the wall in the control room... But this is a loooong time ago

• 6 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I was going to say I've been there recently, then realised it was about 10 years ago!

At that time, those Tempus dimmer racks were still there (run from a D54 Demux), and the desk was a Strand LBX.

I'd heard they were going to knock it down, but glad to hear it's still there...

Archived