Hire Software

Orchytech

Has anyone come across any good software for keeping track of equipment.

I am not looking for full blown hire software like Hiretrack etc, just something that can store the details of cameras, speakers, cd players (serial numbers, purchase price, manufactuers etc). I need to keep track of this equipment as it is used around and away from the building. Ideally with some sort of barcode function.

Intellitrack seems to be well recommended but in these days of small pockets, out of my budget.

Any ideas?

You may want to have a look at "Rental Desk" a single user licence only costs about£308 and a 3 user version cost £556. I t is may by navigator (The same people who make Hiretrack). Just don't buy the software that we did, (PM me if you really want to know what it is) I think if I was honest about it I would be sued for libel. Peter

Rental Desk

Just don't buy the software that we did, (PM me if you really want to know what it is) I think if I was honest about it I would be sued for libel. Peter

Something is only libellous if it's untrue. As long as anything you write about this software can be substantiated, they can't touch ya for it!

If you're on a really tight budget, try just using microsoft access or filemaker pro and customising your own system. If you have some more money to spend then go with a pre designed system, but if you don't have huge amounts of customers and massive stocks making your own would probably get you by for a while.

Did all that sort of thing for computing A level etc.

Just a thought

Owen

have to say owens is the best bet, you can do all you need in access or even in excel if you want, it takes a little while to set it up exactly how you want it but soi does any programme and if you can probebly do this for free.

good luck

Ben

While, yes MySql is far superior to access (it powers this board) it is a bit of a different thing. Creating a database such as that which you require using MySql would be impossible, as it is purely a back-end Database server. Something like access, php, Delphi etc would be required in order to create the front end, and for someone with little experience, Access (or Filemaker) would probably be the easiest.

You can build any interface that you like to a mySQL database! Much more flexible than any microsoft product! You could even build a nice web based one like, as Richard says, this forum, but obviously taylored to your needs, and just running on your office intranet. :-)

Ok so I am having a real anti Microsoft day! You will have to ignore me!! :-)

I have used and re-designed the template in FMPro for this purpose. It does take time, but it is easy to adapt for a venue, and you can keep maintenance records etc. with it.

Also keep track of usaage, and location - provided you keep it up to date. :** laughs out loud **:

Archived