Channels Not Working

gallente

Hi again

I'm running through a Miscara m1602pd desk, but I'm having some trouble. The individual channel faders have no effect on the volume. For instance il have a mic plugged into the XLR input on channel 1, with channel 1 slider down, il turn the mater volume up and we can hear stuff coming through even though the channel is down. The speakers are coming out of the main output. Any ideas anyone? Any help is appreciated.

J

il turn the mater volume up and we can hear stuff coming through even though the channel is down.

How load is the material that you can hear? Is it loud or quiet? If quiet it could be just a poor quality desk...if loud then maybe the desk is in a 'monitor mode' for example - i.e. main fader is connected to aux bus perhaps.

Just a thought.

David

Had a good look at the desk today. I turned the AUX to zero but it had no effect. The individual channel faders still had no effect. Theres a switch at the back which can either be set to Monitor or Master, which is currently set at Master. Its really starting to bug me why they wont work. :D ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like you have a pfl solo button pressed.

This should only affect it if the speakers are coming from the "control room monitor" or "headphone" outputs rather than the "main out" sockets.

If it was designed for multi-track recording it may have "tape return" inputs which run alongside the main inputs. There would be a switch to select "tape in" or "mic/line in" to the fader, sometimes with a pot to control the other input. If this pot was at full then the fader wouldn't affect that input. If this is the case, plug your jack/XLR into the other input socket.

Otherwise, it's just possible the "monitor/master" switch is not working properly and is stuck on "monitor" which would cause the problem discussed above.

If none of these seem to be the case, as James says, you'd be best to take a close-up picture of how you have the desk set up and we'll see if there's anything obviously wrong.

• 1 year later...
Hi again

I'm running through a Miscara m1602pd desk, but I'm having some trouble. The individual channel faders have no effect on the volume. For instance il have a mic plugged into the XLR input on channel 1, with channel 1 slider down, il turn the mater volume up and we can hear stuff coming through even though the channel is down. The speakers are coming out of the main output. Any ideas anyone? Any help is appreciated.

Hey J, I have the same mixer desk and thats normal. it does the same thing with me. its just the way the mixer was made. Some mixers have post/pre buttons, where this mixer doesnt and that why you hear the effects, even though the fader is down.

I was wondering though. Since you have the same mixer. Is it possible you can email me a copy of the owners manual and service manual, if you have them. I'd appreciate it . thanks....

Eddie

Hey J, I have the same mixer desk and thats normal.

I may have missed something completely here but how is this normal? surely if it was normal for the channel fader not to have an effect then it would not be there. I can understand there being certain switching and routing options for the channel fader to control a record output or another output, and various options for monitor modes. But how is THIS normal?

Rob

Hello Rob, I thought I saw the name "J" in one of the posts regarding this message. So I guess your name is Rob' not J? Well, I was under the impression that you had a seperate effect processor going into the board, but not the built in effects. I have the M1602pd mixer and when I hook up a seperate effect processor using the monitor out as a send. I will still here the effects on the seperate channels that I have the monitor knob turned up on. even though the channel fader is down. thats what I meant by 'normal' have another board called "montarbo" and that doesn't happen with that board because I have a pre/post button switch on the board itself. If its not the effects your hearing and your refering to noise like sounds, then that could mean the mixer probably needs repair.

Anyway, would u happen to have a manual for the miscara m1602pd board. If yes, can u email me a copy. I can pay u for it. !I hope I'm talking to the right person! Im new in this blue room thing.

Eddie

708-309-3422

Eddie, I'm not the Original Poster.

I was just curious about why this seemed normal operation.

However I'm sure the Original Poster will look in soon and might be able to help you with the manual etc.

(perhaps I over quoted with the Hey J bit.. sorry)

Rob

Reset Your Desk. (Providing you know how to set it up again)

Depress all the buttons, turn all the nobs down, reset eqs, etc.

Then start again from scratch.

Archived