iRock 5S/7S help

dannyboisland

Hi all,

I have four iRock 5S and two iRock 7S, I'm linking them up in a daisy chain for the DMX control. However each unit should display its slave number. Unit 1 should display Master, unit 2, SL 2 (Slave 2), unit 3, SL 3 and so on. However when I link them all up, the first unit displays Master, then the rest just display SL 2. Anyone have any ideas how to set these up right? In the manual it says go through the menu and the SL number can be selected but I've tried this and it only gives me the option of a 2 unit set up even though there's 6. I'm probably doing something obviously wrong but I've spent hours tring to work it out and just can't!

Any help? Thanks!

Not personally used these units, but you mention that you're setting them up for DMX control, e.g. controlling them from a lighting console. Yet you mention master/slave setup, which is usually used by fixtures when they *aren't* under DMX control. If you want DMX control of the devices, you need to select a DMX address, rather than a slave number.

I feel soooo stupid now! Thanks sound in gloucestershire.

I dont't know why I've never thought it could be a show number.

So because it only gives me the option of two shows, does this mean I've only ever used two different set ups? E.g. normal and inversion?

Archived