ACL wiring scheme

fireball40k

interesting the number of people suggesting "their way" is a standard or the simplest way

the 2 most common ways I've seen ACLs wired are (bear in mind I'm old and have beeen doing this since before health and safety met rock and roll):

take 2 standard 60inch bar wired with 4 par64 cans and a socapex, remove previously used lamp (cp60 or no2 etc) replace lamp with acl lamp using 2 blade crimp to ring crimp leads, and bung on a series wired 15A plug to socapex adapter, quick wrap of tape to stop the adapter being removed mid tour. add a 15A to 2 15A series y-split (2 wires forced into 15A plug) or series patch at dimmer rack

as above but use 8 or 9 single cans and a horendous 8 or 9 way series split cable

personnaly I prefer 4 way bar wired to 110v ceeform and a series split, especially if you have a number of sets. acl lamps will often blow in 4s therefore rather than a spare lamp I tend to pack a spare bar. if you have the master bar and slave bar system then you need to pack 2 spare bars

Archived