SKYTEC LED MOVING HEAD 150446

IJWesley

I'm working on a production of Peter Pan for October and I am investigating all the possible methods of creating Tinkerbell. In my wanderings around the interweb, I have found the Skytec/AVSL moving head lights.

Are these any good for creating a programmed Tink effect? Any other comments on them for general theatre special effects (eg could they be subsequently used as a spotlight?).

We are a small community theatre group, and we have a small stage, and we do not have to move our gear around, so high end gear is not normally required.

Ian

I'm not familiar with the unit in question, but my suspicion would be that it won't be bright enough for what you want - it's DJ gear and that is often not bright enough to cut through general theatre lighting. Have a look at this thread which is a recent discussion about the best way to create a Tinkerbell effect - you might find some useful ideas there!

Archived