'Ead phones

Lampy Craig

'Ello ladies and gents,

I've decided that the headphones that come with my ipod are pretty rubbish and I should stop being so tight and buy some decent ones. And I was wondering if you lot could point me in the right direction at a few pairs. I appreciate it's probably been covered before but would like some up to date opinions if you could please.

As you'll notice I'm a Lampy, so lets not get too geeky on this one as it'll go way over my head. I'm not after them for work as such(no pfl'ing or any of that mullarky), more for plane and tour bus journeys so I can listen to my ipod and watch some films without all that background noise that I can hear through my ipod headphones. I want some that are nice and comfy, reduce all that backround noise and if I can find a pair that'll turn around and punch the annoying person that's always behind me on planes (I sure it's always the same person), then that'd be well handy!

Nice one

Craig

www.flickr.com/photos/craigmccleary/

for in ears, sennheiser cx-300's have kind of become the standard good, but reasonably priced option. I have a pair, and am very fond of them. Bassy, warm, and clear, although need use of the ipod eq (eeeuugghh!) on occasion with certain albums/tracks.

more for plane and tour bus journeys so I can listen to my ipod and watch some films without all that background noise that I can hear through my ipod headphones.

Is size an issue? To get decent isolation you should likely be looking for the type that cover the ear rather than just the inner earbud type.

for in ears, sennheiser cx-300's have kind of become the standard good, but reasonably priced option. I have a pair, and am very fond of them. Bassy, warm, and clear, although need use of the ipod eq (eeeuugghh!) on occasion with certain albums/tracks.

And for not much of a price leap up, the Sennheiser CX-500s add in line volume control, and at least to my ears, a noticable improvement in sound quality on the CX-300's.

Not to say the CX-300s arent a very good pair of phones.

both sit nicely in the ear, and as for background noise, I can clearly hear a phone conversation in a loud nightclub.

Dirt cheap on Play.com as well!

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...=Price&fb=0

Sorry to piggyback onto someone else's thread, but I thought as this is still open, I might as well ask- has anyone had any experience with AKG K-77 over-ear headphones?

I'm essentially looking as a much cheaper alternative to DT770's, as I just can't justify that amount at the minute, and I have had the K-77's on recommendation from a very good (and very knowledgeable) friend of mine.

So yeah- any opinions? All welcome!

Archived