Dirt cheap rack mount CD (and DVD/MP3) player

paulears

Suppose its OK for playing background music etc but it doesn't seem to have any display on front so how do you know which track you have cued up - or do you connect a screen?

Hardly ever use CDs nowadays but still have a couple of old dj single deck units for occasional use. I like that they can be set to stop at the end of each track.

not only that with this, you can get rid of your effects units in your rack and use its "echo controls"........ oh - 2 mic inputs, why not completely replace your mixer!!!!

On a more serious note, it does have a display, but again, when you use CD in a show (normally give to you minutes before the act is on, which you find scratched to buggery...) you want a reliable no nonsense CD player to put them in, but for backing music, this probably would be great as long as it doesn't break.... as you could make MP3 cd's to put in it with a wide range of tunes....

Just a little OT, but still very worthwhile to mention I think. The mentioned DVD player is from the same Pulse range as the CD Player version I bought a few weeks ago.

BE WARNED!!!!!! It may look like a 1U peice of kit, but it is infact a little on the taller side, and doesn't fit in a 1U hole. The rack ear holes still line up, but you'll need to leave 1U above, and 1U below it.

Caught me out last week when I prepped a load of racks, and added the CD Players later. I had to re jig the kit to get the afore mentioned 3U. Needless to say, at 2am in the rain, I was not chuffed.

We are aware of the 1U vs 50mm issue. The MP3 player from this range has already been swapped over to a tru 1U chassis and the CD Player will follow suit later this year when the next batch arrives. The DVD player at the top of this thread will be late in the year when the 1U chassis is complete.

We are aware of the 1U vs 50mm issue. The MP3 player from this range has already been swapped over to a tru 1U chassis and the CD Player will follow suit later this year when the next batch arrives. The DVD player at the top of this thread will be late in the year when the 1U chassis is complete.

Just had a look and this looks ideal for the college I've just left. I'd have loved to have put two of these in the rack to play dvd's through the video mixer and on to the projector.

• 1 year later...

Hi, you don't seem to have the 1U DVD player available any more, what alternative can you offer?

Cheers

The CD player and the DVD player have stood up to educational abuse for eighteen months and are coping with every wrecked cd etc that the kids have thrown at them. The DVD player takes a little time to load as expected. A home made CD stuck in the slot loading CD player once. We have a pair of plastic tweezers in case it ever happens again.

looks like a handy bit of kit that; it always grated on me that there weren't any cheap 1u cd players about that I could chuck in racks for background music. I spent years with expensive dj twin decks taking up 4u+ of rackspace at gigs. Come to think of it I have a use for cheap rack mount dvd players too, hmm...!

when you use CD in a show (normally give to you minutes before the act is on, which you find scratched to buggery...) you want a reliable no nonsense CD player to put them in,
In my experience, the cheapest of the cheap DVD players will play whatever you put in them. It is the "better" players that get all upset if you try to play that home burned, scratched abomination from the dance school!

Tony - its highly likely we wont be continuing with this unit. There was a QA issue with the last batch and as a result we withdrew it from sale.

Hi, yes I'd been told this, I was wondering what you might be offering as a replacement, ie a 1U rackmount DVD player for under a £100.

Cheers, Tony.

Archived