Mac Cool Down Time

CharlieH

I hope that works, if not - I will just have to reset them in performance again.

You don't need to reset - just send a lamp on. Time between douse and cold restrike will be around 5-8mins.

For reference a fixture will normally be reasonably cool approx 20mins after lamp douse with fans running.

yea, but the way the Hog 500 works means that to scroll down to the lamp on option, from the lamp off option requires going via reset. The order for the Strobe menu is (from far left to far right) Lamp Off -> Reset -> Lamp On -> Closed -> Open -> then strobe effects. So if it is set to Lamp Off, then to get to the Lamp on option, you have to go via the Lamp On. Sorry for the long winded explanation! :oops:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope that works, if not - I will just have to reset them in performance again.

You don't need to reset - just send a lamp on. Time between douse and cold restrike will be around 5-8mins.

For reference a fixture will normally be reasonably cool approx 20mins after lamp douse with fans running.

yea, but the way the Hog 500 works means that to scroll down to the lamp on option, from the lamp off option requires going via reset. The order for the Strobe menu is (from far left to far right) Lamp Off -> Reset -> Lamp On -> Closed -> Open -> then strobe effects. So if it is set to Lamp Off, then to get to the Lamp on option, you have to go via the Lamp On. Sorry for the long winded explanation! :oops:

Surely on a hog you can type "Channel x at level y" or similar? (Head x @ attribute y or something along those lines)?

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Thinking about it again - is there no 'lamp on' macro for the movers on the hog? Surely there must be to save lamping on manually?

ok, I feel really stupid now, but I just checked my program and I managed to program a lamp off command into my program. Sorry for wasting everyones time,and thanks for your help. By the way, sorry for spag,im posting on my phone.

Well - at least you sorted it. Sometimes, though - it would have just been simpler to run through the cues as we (well, actually I was the first) suggested right back at the start!

Things that make more than one bit of kit, as detailed above, go wrong at the same time is a pretty good indication that the fault lays elsewhere.

ok, I feel really stupid now, but I just checked my program and I managed to program a lamp off command into my program. Sorry for wasting everyones time,and thanks for your help. By the way, sorry for spag,im posting on my phone.

Glad you found the source of you problem... :oops:

Archived