PAR 64 LEDs

jamlucas

I have just been trying to patch 12 Par64 LEDs in Freestyler, starting with a DMX address of 20 and going up. on freestyler they're working from a DMX address of 400 up, I don't know why? I've installed par56 leds with freestyler before and they worked perfectly, but these were already in my new venue when I got here, I'm just changed the lighting software to freestyler. I believe they are LEDJs, as this is what the company has bought before, but there's no branding on them. am I doing something wrong or are the lights just a bit mental?

sounds like an incompatability issue with the software and the lights!

Its not an unknown problem, to make software that will correcttly operate all the different types and brands of DMX lights available today, is a complex issue,

if the lights work from channels 400 or up, just use those channels for now.

perhaps if you contact the freestyler people, and told them of your problems, they might be able to look into it, and improve there software

I have just been trying to patch 12 Par64 LEDs in Freestyler, starting with a DMX address of 20 and going up. on freestyler they're working from a DMX address of 400 up, I don't know why? I've installed par56 leds with freestyler before and they worked perfectly, but these were already in my new venue when I got here, I'm just changed the lighting software to freestyler. I believe they are LEDJs, as this is what the company has bought before, but there's no branding on them. am I doing something wrong or are the lights just a bit mental?

Apologies if I've misunderstood your post but it sounds to me like you set the address of the first light as 20 but it responding to desk channel 400. If this is the case then my gut reaction would be that either the address has been set wrong on the light or the software patch is incorrect. I would suggest you check both of these before looking for more complex problems.

If after checking these you still have the problem then try controlling the pars from a different DMX source and see if they respond correctly. If they do then the software is at fault, if they don't then then the fixtures are likely to be at fault. Also try controlling a known good DMX receiver set to address 20 with the freestyler.

I think it is highly unlikely that this kind of problem could be caused by faulty cabling.

Archived