webcasting

P. Funk

I wonder what genious got Media Encoder to work ?!

Probably the same one who can't spell Genius :** laughs out loud **:

Nah, I witnessed this technological feat a few weeks ago, worked very well! Just a shame we never got round to setting up that cam in the girls changing rooms! :** laughs out loud **: :) :(

I know the feeling well. :)

Funny That, the problem with the show relay (XLR through the ceiling) to our girls' dressing room just wouldn't go away. It needed more and more technicians to get it fixed. :o :o :** laughs out loud **: :o :o

I wonder what genious got Media Encoder to work ?!

Probably the same one who can't spell Genius :o

Nah, I witnessed this technological feat a few weeks ago, worked very well! Just a shame we never got round to setting up that cam in the girls changing rooms! :o :) :** laughs out loud **:

Oops, typo. Ummm... One of the guys in the play told his siter that we had a webcam in the changing rooms... That didn't go down to well! (We didn't, of course.)

Do I smell the sweet scent of another tea break topic? Stuff you don't tell the actors. Starter for ten: "Anything you say while wearing a lavalier can be heard by the sound crew (Also fun during dull shows)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I know this may sound stupid but it could work, if you get a decent webcam and connect it to a laptop, sign that laptop to an msn account and go on msn messenger (presuming you have wireless internet). Then on the smartboard you have download on go on messenger from that, allow a webcam feed between the two computers via msn.

Voila!

(I hope I dont sound too stupid) ;)

<snip> ...msn messenger...

<snip> ...webcam feed between the two computers via msn.

From what the OP said, it was to stream the AV to dressing rooms, which would imply more than 1 "client". Sadly, afaik, msn only works between 2 computers, not multiple. But yeah, between 2 computers that would work, just not to more.

I'm sure all the suggestions in this thread are useful to someone tho ;)

<snip> ...msn messenger...

<snip> ...webcam feed between the two computers via msn.

From what the OP said, it was to stream the AV to dressing rooms, which would imply more than 1 "client". Sadly, afaik, msn only works between 2 computers, not multiple. But yeah, between 2 computers that would work, just not to more.

You'll be eating the bandwidth between the venue and the internet, and you're 100% dependant on that link remaining up and clear in both directions.

I'd suggest setting up a streaming server.

Archived