Nuetron star hazer problems

vibedisco

ive had a few problems with the neutron star. I find it goes into fast flash mode about 3 minutes after completing the cleaning cycle. I bought a new coil but the problem remains. I also cleaned the pump, the lines and the airpump filter and still no luck. it does maybe 5 pumps of fluid and then when I expect the next one to kick in it just jumps to error code 4.

The unit is 12 years old so its an old second hand unit. this has all come about just after making a large financial investment to my small dj business so its very unwelcome. part of me wants to just stick it on ebay as spare/repair and buy a new one to solve the hassle but at the same time, 500 quid for a new one is a lot to spend out for me at the moment. does anyone have any ideas?

funnily enough I have had the same problem and have tried everything.

I got intouch with the gut at le maitre and he sent me the wiring diagrams and service manual but still the same problem.

he told me the old star hazers dont have the error flashes that the XS has so it of no use really

I find that switching it off then back on sort it out after a while but its constant when starting cold.

I still stumped but will keep you posted if I ever find a solution.

I am tempted to send it to SLX for repair and see if they cure it.

wish I could afford an mvs

let me know if you want a copy of the documents. I think I still have them

*UPDATE *

Cracked it I think

after much tinkering I think I have solved the problem

in side the unit on the circuit board. there are 3 pots in a line. I hae set these all to the 9 o clock posistion from off

according to the manual these are overides to the controls from the eprom so setting them to zero had no really affect.

To the left of these pots there is a pot that controls the pump frequency. originally mine was set to about 2 o clock posistion. setting this to zero stops the haze issue completely.

Over several hours of running I adjusted this to around the 11 o clock position and although you get less haze per issue. it seems to continuously produce as apposed to the stop start I was getting.

after this the hazer continued todo its thing for an hour non stop.

furthermore. Even though the fluid feed pip was full with fluid. I now prime it by flicking the haze on off switch several times. every time I use the hazer.

I wasn't doing this everytime but I think it can't do it any harm.

Having see an XS hazer in action this weekend. its monitor light functions completely differently so the XS manual that I had really doesn't help.

I pretty much have a completely new hazer interms of parts inside now. its just the case thats old now.

Hope this helps

let me if this works for you

James

*UPDATE *

. I now prime it by flicking the haze on off switch several times. every time I use the hazer.

doesnt this bypass the start up cleaning cycle and force it t start hazing imediatly. I guess lemaitre included a startup cleaning cycle for a reason?

*UPDATE *

. I now prime it by flicking the haze on off switch several times. every time I use the hazer.

doesnt this bypass the start up cleaning cycle and force it t start hazing imediatly. I guess lemaitre included a startup cleaning cycle for a reason?

I think you maybe right but I have tried it again tonight with out this prime switchy bit and it has settled down lovely at last.

I don't like bypassing steps that keep it running as it was intended by the manufacturer but having said that there are times when needs must. I assume le maitre also included the bypass for a reason too....

Archived