Mac 250 Krypton problem

JDLX

Hi folks,

I've recently bought 4x Mac 250 kryptons second hand, one of which I have a couple of problems with. Firstly the colour wheel isn't aligning to the colours correctly which I'm assuming is sensor problem, secondly the fixture seems to be doing everything very slowly, I.e start up sequence, menu responds slowly to button presses etc. I haven't yet tried it on DMX via a desk but was just wondering if anyone has any initial ideas what this might be?

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe,

On the unit with the colour error, does it display an error? If it does then it is more than likely the PCB hall sensor. If not then it could be a stepper motor or drive chip... when changing through the colours is it consistently out of alignment, struggling on certain colours?

On the unit doing everything very slowly, do you mean the startup movement/s or just the screen? There are settings in the menu which set speed on the unit, although not sure if this is applied during startup. Have a look in the manual.

Cheers,

Law

normally when the movement is very slow it means the head is in safe mode. this means the positioning sensor is probably dirty. or the wires in the arm are cracked that feed the information from the sensor to the circuit board in the arm. this normally produces the FBer flashing display.

Thanks guys

There are no error messages on the display. The colours are all slightly out of alignment but it doesnt struggle on any particular colour, although colour 'zero' lands somewhere on yellow.

And yes just to confirm it is both the menu AND the startup movements that are slow.

Joe

Hi

What version of the software does it have?

If you've got access to an MP2 I'd suggest re-flashing the unit to see if it clears the problem.

The only other thing I can think of is that if one of the sensors is shorted, as that sometimes gives the slow response that you are seeing. Try unplugging the sensor connector blocks on the board and see if anything changes. You can also test for correct operation because it should start giving you feedback errors.

All the best

Timmeh

Archived