2.1 setups

benweblight

ive been looking and the new 2.1 setups at my school (we have intereactive whiteboards)

unlike previous installations, the sub is hung, in line with the sattelites, even to the left of them in one

is there something tragically, unprofessionally wrong about this, or is it just me being misinformed

There is nothing wrong about it, but you'd get a 3db 'half space' efficiency gain if they were on the floor.

If you don't need that gain and have a flat-ish system with them flown - fine.

forgive me for asking some daft questions - but:

why would an inteactive whiteboard need subs?

Are we talking about a simple computer soundcard output to a small sub and couple of satellites running low power or a proper sub?

If it's a typical computer version - what could be better than the one I saw advertised last month 500w output - mains or AA battery power!

paul

forgive me for asking some daft questions - but:

why would an inteactive whiteboard need subs?

Are we talking about a simple computer soundcard output to a small sub and couple of satellites running low power or a proper sub?

If it's a typical computer version - what could be better than the one I saw advertised last month 500W output - mains or AA battery power!

paul

If it's anything like the ones at the school where I work, then yes its two small satellites and maybe about a foot cube with the sub and amp in it. It's just a standard system they fit with all of them to allow the pupils to hear whats playing on the source.

Does your 500W one specify how many AA batteries it needs, or indeed how many seconds it runs for on battery power. :angry:

PN

thankyou for reinforming me, just an assumption of mine

peters nailed it pretty muchon the head, when I say interactive whiteboard, theres a whole mini av setup involved, the computer is hooked into a little cheap av switcher, along with a video/dvd player sometimes, the white board is not self sufficient as it were, its linked to a program on the computer to do its 'magic'

also we have a 2 sattelite 1 sub (u know, home cinema kind of thing, these ones were creative), forsound for videos or sound from computer (mainly powerpont sounds, would you believe)

is it worng for the port to be facing forward and the speaker to the left, acause theyve done that too

Archived